Enjoy the seasons
on the crystal clear 3,000 acre Round Lake near Hayward, Wisconsin, in this traditional lake side cabin hidden from the hustle of the main lake on quiet Filter’s Bay. Have the best of both worlds, the quiet sunsets from the deck 20 feet from the shore, or the adventure of the big lake. Paddle your canoe or kayak through the lily pads in this shallow no wake 50 acre bay watching for eagles, nesting loons, ospreys, otters, and great blue herons. Let the children catch sunfish from the dock, snorkel over the weed beds watching for bass and northern, or just relax next to the lake while watching cedar wax wings, blue birds, Indigo Buntings, Goldfinches, Hummingbirds, and many other that call the north woods home come to the bird feeders.
the evening, enjoy a steak on the deck and relax next to the water at the fire pit. Boat thru the cut to the big lake and you can fish for Musky, Northern Pike, Small mouth Bass, Walleye, or pan fish. If needed, hire a local guide to help unlock the secrets of this deep clear lake. Ski over the clean sky blue water, or swim at the sandbar just outside of the bay. The Round Lake Marina offers jet skies, ski boats, pontoon boats, fishing boats for rent by the hour or day. At the north end of the lake, have a picnic or camp for the night on the state owned island.
is private, with the closest neighboring cabin being more than 100 yards away. The lake shore is in its natural state, we do not mow, paths lead where you need, the rest is wild. There is one bedroom, a mud room, one bath (yes indoors), and a kitchen and a living area, where the futon and chair fold out for additional sleeping. This is the perfect spot for a couple or a family plus pets.
Within 10 minutes of the cabin enjoy:
- Golf at two different courses.
- Hunting, trout fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, ATVing, and mountain biking, in Sawyer County and Chequamegon National Forest.
- Cross country ski on the American Birkebeiner ® trail or enjoy some night time skiing and warming lodge on the lit Hatchery Creek Loops.
- Shopping at the many specialty shops in Hayward.
- The many local animals at the Wilderness Walk.
- Having an evening at the original “Famous Dave’s BBQ” by boat on Round Lake.
- The LCO Casino with bingo, craps, black jack and of course the slots.
- Many fine restaurants and pubs for that main meal or a quick lunch.
Within 1 hour of the cabin enjoy:
- Premiere Trout fishing on the famous Namakagon or Boise Brule (“The River of Presidents”). Also many more smaller trout streams to explore.
- Kayaking or canoeing, if your brave, the rapids of the Lenroot and May Ledges on the Boise Brule or the Slew Grundy on the South Fork of the Flambeau River.
- Canoeing one of the many pristine rivers in the region enjoying the wilderness or fishing for trophy Small Mouth or Musky.
- Visiting the Apostle Islands and the south shore of Lake Superior..
Pets welcome, if not encouraged! If you don’t have a pet, we can loan you one.
- No smoking in the cabin please.
- Respect our neighbors, both human and wild, no excessive partying, enjoy yourself all night by the fire if you wish, but you know what I mean. Unreasonable problems will result in eviction without refund, don’t make me come down there!
- Kitchen fully equipped, coffee maker, microwave, etc.
- Charcoal and gas grills provided.
- Linens and towels provided.
- Washing machine and dryer provided.
- Desk, modem hookup and fax in cabin. You will need your own ISP and ISP phone number.
- Dish TV®, VCR, DVD, phone (you will be billed for long distance) and radio are provided.
- Wi-Fi available up to our house if you don't mind the walk.
- Row boat provided, a small motor can be rented at Round Lake Marina.
- Licensed guided canoe fishing trips available for our guests on one of the many rivers in the area, $225 for the day, includes a shore lunch and all shuttles need. The only guided canoe fishing service in the area! I paddle and you fish on rivers I have already explored.
- $975/week, $170/night with a 5 night minimum -Memorial Day thru Labor Day Weekend.
(Exceptions may be made on short notice bookings if guest schedule allows down to 2 night minimum).
- $825/week, $140/night with a 3 night minimum -After Labor Day thru February 28th & May 1st until the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend. (Exceptions may be made on short notice bookings if guest schedule allows down to 2 night minimum).
- $550/week, $115/night 2 night minimum -March 1st thru April 30th.
$100 refundable security deposit for damage and long distance phone calls. A deposit of half down at time of reservation is required and remainder due upon arrival.
Check in 3:00 pm the day of reservations, Check out 11:00 am.
Contact Us: email@example.com