What is the Hayward Lakes Visitors and Convention Bureau, Sawyer County, WI, USA?
The HLVCB is an organization dedicated to the ongoing promotion of Sawyer County and the Hayward Lakes Area as a premier tourism destination in Wisconsin.
Who are our members?
Our members are businesses, organizations and governments that have a financial interest in a sound and growing tourism economy. Their interest may be directly related to tourism or indirectly related, such as vendors, suppliers, professional services and other services supporting the tourism industry. There are seven levels of memberships, fulfilling the needs of every member.
Why should I consider being a member?
Travelers spent an estimated $147 million in Sawyer County. Employees earned $85.6 million in wages, supporting 971 full time equivalent jobs. Local revenues (property taxes, sales tax and lodging taxes) collected as a result of travelers amounted to an estimated $9.9 million to Sawyer County.
Without the state and local government revenues generated by tourism, taxpaying Wisconsin households would face an average of $950 in additional taxes annually to maintain existing government services. We need to unite our common goals to promote tourism to use our time, talents and financial resources as effectively as possible to maintain and increase our tourism economy in Sawyer County.
Where is the HLVCB located?
Our office is located on the corner of Main Street and Highway 63 in Hayward, in the corner of the City parking lot at the Tourist Information Center.
How long have you existed?
July of 2003, Sawyer County Recreation Association, incorporated in 1963, and the Hayward Lakes Resort Association, incorporated in 1953, merged together to form the new "Hayward Lakes Visitors and Convention Bureau, Sawyer County, WI, USA".
How do I join?
Stop in at our office, call us or email us. More information is below including a complete list of membership benefits, applications and vacation guide advertising.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS include…
- FULL MEMBER LISTING on www.haywardlakes.com
- COMPLIMENTARY “Hot Deals” postings on www.haywardlakes.com website
- FULL Voting Rights - 1 vote per business, done by email for anything we need a full membership vote – such as board elections, bylaw changes, etc.
- COMPLIMENTARY GRAPH LISTING in annual Vacation Guide (Lodging & Dining)
- COMPLIMENTARY listing on “Thank You” page in annual Vacation Guide for Businesses/Services
- LINK to www.haywardlakes.com website available [for additional $]
- ABILITY to develop your website in conjunction with www.haywardlakes.com
- OPPORTUNITY to advertise on www.haywardlakes.com with a banner ad
- ABILITY to purchase ads in the Annual Hayward Lakes Vacation Guide
- THREE year round part time employees, plus fully staffed Information Center referring and promoting your business
- DISPLAY your brochures in the Hayward Information Center building
- RECEIVE our monthly Hayward Lakes VCB newsletter
- COMPLIMENTARY Musky Charts (or whatever big fish you would like to document)
- COMPLIMENTARY area, state, and county maps, vacation guides, restaurant guides, shop brochures, golf brochures, ATV/snowmobile maps, calendar of events for your business
- OPPORTUNITY to participate on any committees [Trails, DNR, Legislative/Lobby, Membership, Vacation Guide (Book), and Room Tax]
- LET US KNOW of any last minute vacancies or cancellations you have – we’ll help you fill them!
- COMPLIMENTARY LISTING with the Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s www.travelwisconsin.com
- CO-OPERATIVE Advertising opportunities
- OPPORTUNITY to use sport show booths for other associations, based on availability
- OPPORTUNITY to staff sport show booths for HLVCB, allowing you to DISTRIBUTE your own brochures, and take reservations for your establishment.
- OPPORTUNITY to attend any tourism related educational meeting and events
- ELIGIBILITY for Board of Director position (after 1 year and in good membership standing)
- REPRESENTATION with local area and state governments on issues important to the Hayward Lakes Area and the HLVCB [Lobby days in Madison, Governors Conference on Tourism, County Board meetings]
- REPRESENTATION when working with the DNR and area fish biologists, ensuring safe waters for the Hayward Lakes area
- COMPLIMENTARY use of photos and videos from HLVCB library for your business promotion
- OPPORTUNITY to participate in HLVCB sponsored promotions throughout Wisconsin
- RECEIVE HLVCB announcements via email about upcoming event and promotional opportunities
- MEMBER MANAGED Calendar of Events on www.haywardlakes.com website
- MEETING SPACE is available at the Information Center Conference Room (call for availability)
- CURRENT HLVCB Marketing Plan available upon request
- HLVCB Staff tours throughout Sawyer County of members’ facilities, to help promote your business
Hayward Lakes Visitors & Convention Bureau achieves its strength in numbers – thru memberships directly with the HLVCB and/or thru memberships given to the HLVCB’s Marketing Partner members.
THE BENEFITS the Marketing Partner and their members receive from the HLVCB are designed to make YOUR group stronger through increased membership in YOUR group. We believe if you are strong, then we, as your partner will become stronger in the promotion of this area. Dues are structured to encourage all of the tourism related businesses (lodging and non‐lodging) to belong to the Hayward Lakes VCB and at least one of our marketing partners.
Our Annual Hayward Lakes VACATION GUIDE is printed and available by the first week of January each year. We begin the process of creating the guide in August – we’ll have a proofing in October, a second proofing in early November before the guide goes to print.
MARKETING PARTNERS MUST COMMIT to Hayward Lakes VCB of your intention to be a partner with us by July 31st each year. (Cost may be pro‐rated for first year of commitment)
AD COMMITMENT (number of pages marketing partner purchases) is due August 15th each year. Advertising is discounted for our marketing partners’ members. Marketing Partners that solicit their members for advertising will be charged to low price of $1540/page IF PAID by September 15th each year, and $1600/page if paid after September 15th. If you solicit your membership for ads – as a marketing partner you are responsible for collecting ads and money and to deliver all materials to the HLVCB by September 15th.
IF YOU CHOOSE to solicit your own members, please contact us to review all specifications/ad sizes, etc for each page you commit to. If you choose to NOT solicit your membership, we can solicit your members for you at a rate of $1600/page. The vacation guide committee will place these ads in the logical spot for the consumer in the Vacation Guide.
MARKETING PARTNERS are encouraged to design their own pages in the Vacation Guide, or elect to allow the Hayward Lakes VCB to do it.
As a MARKETING PARTNER, all of your FULL MEMBERS will receive one FREE Directory Listing on the www.haywardlakes.com website
A Hayward Lakes Visitors and Convention Bureau’s Marketing Partner is any for-profit or non-profit association, chamber of commerce, professional organization, or government within Sawyer County or historically partnering counties that have a financial interest in the sound and growing tourism economy in our area.
The Marketing Partner may have a direct relationship with the tourism economy – such as a resort association, or an in-direct relationship – such as a builders/construction association.
The WI Department of Tourism and the WI Department of Revenue have given us these figures: In Sawyer County, 2018: $93.1 million spent by travelers here
1006 full-time equivalent jobs provided by Sawyer County
$85.6 million local revenues collected as a result of travelers (property, sales, & lodging taxes collected) Uniting our common goals will enable us to focus our time, talent, and financial resources as the primary goal of the Hayward Lakes Visitors & Convention Bureau - dedicated to the ongoing promotion of Sawyer County and the Hayward Lakes Area as a premier tourism destination in Wisconsin!
Marketing Partner Benefits….
DISPLAY your visitor guide or literature in the Hayward Lakes Information Center
RECEIVE FREE Annual Banner Ad ($825 value) on www.haywardlakes.com website, length of time determined by
Marketing Partner level: Silver/$500 – 6 months, Gold or Higher/$1000 minimum – 12 months.
OPPORTUNITY AS GOLD LEVEL OR HIGHER MARKETING PARTNER to have LAKE MAP distributed at HLVCB Sport
Shows. Map size folded not to exceed 9x5 inches. Marketing Partner provides maps.
ABILITY to purchase Ad Space (pages) in the annual Hayward Lakes Vacation Guide at the lowest prices available MAY re-sell space within your page(s) to your members, at price set and collected by you, the Marketing Partner ABILITY to design/create your own personality to your section – staying consistent with who we are in Sawyer County IF YOU ELECT to not solicit ads for your marketing partner section, we will do it for you at lowest price available ENTITLED to a copy of the Hayward Lakes VCB Marketing Plan
NOTIFICATION of any opportunities that may arise for member participation within our Marketing Plan
DISTRIBUTION of the annual Hayward Lakes Vacation Guide in and out of the area… at sport shows, trade shows,
mailings by request, information centers throughout the county, state tourist centers, & other chamber offices YOU ARE WELCOME to distribute the Hayward Lakes Vacation Guides at your members’ places of business MARKETING PARTNERS and Full Members are welcome to participate in any of our educational opportunities PROMOTIONAL photos/videos from our photo library are available for your association (not individual members) MAY USE sport show booths for your association/chamber promotion, based on availability
RECEIVE FREE web link to haywardlakes.com
RECOGNIZED in the Hayward Lakes Vacation Guide and on haywardlakes.com
FULL MEMBERS of marketing partner will get FREE directory listing for their business on haywardlakes.com website
RECEIVE ONE vote (none for individual members) and ALL benefits as a FULL MEMBER to the HLVCB
CO-OPERATIVE Advertising opportunities
MAY USE the HLVCB 800# with an extension for special events or promotion of Marketing Partner. Messages may be handled by HLVCB staff or Marketing Partner. If it involves a mailing, the Marketing Partner will pay postage, but HLVCB will mail it.